Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Simply: What Maine Means to Me.


Maine. The one word that comes to mind when I think of this beautiful state is home. Maine holds so much to love and so much to discover. There are just so many different irresistible parts of Maine I adore.

I woke up today, and I looked out of my foggy window to see the trees and bushes coated with a fresh layer of icy snow. Immediately, I shot out of bed to reach my camera. It is becoming a tradition lately that when it snows I have to take many, many, [and trust me I mean MANY], pictures of the outdoors.

When I eventually came inside, with a pink, tingling nose and almost numb fingers, I curled up with a dreamy mug of got chocolate in front of the fire; my ideal way of starting off the day. This is how everyday would be if I could write the storyline of my life.

Winter isn’t the only aspect of Maine that draws me in. It is the friendly atmosphere when you are shopping in the local stores. It is the placid waves breaking on the rocks at the beach in the summer. It is the green summer slowly disappearing into the vibrant fall colors and cool temperatures.

For me, Maine IS the way life should be; the small towns, the perfect seasons, the friendly atmosphere. I don’t know what else to say besides love. It has been my home since the tender age of 3 and I hope it will be my home for a long time into the future. So, what is Maine to you?

1 comment:

Lory said...

Maine is the home I have always dreamed of...warm and loving community with polite people, yet I have privacy in a house with 300-ft driveway. I love the scenic and placid views in every season, although I could live with just 2-3 mos of winter. It is the perfect place to raise children, especially in my area away from yet close enough to the city. With internet access, living in Maine conditions is the perfect setup for me.